Wednesday 20 February 2008

Press plus

The main point of this post is to flag up the brilliant new show at the Gate called Press. I have reviewed it for Time Out, but that won’t be published for a week. I will write it up here if I get a chance, but in the mean time, just trust me. It is a brilliant piece of work - combining contemporary dance, physical comedy and a really neat line in mordant wit. It is one of the best things I’ve seen in the last year and a real coup for Natalie Abrahami ands Carrie Cracknell’s blossoming artistic directorship. In the next year I think the Gate is going to have become an absolutely essential venue for the first time in years.

I’m afraid Postcards’s schedule has gotten a bit hectic recently. That said, for anyone with serious withdrawal symptoms, there are two newish posts over at the Guardian’s blog site: yesterday’s looking at the value of free theatrical events, and a cynical little Valentine’s piece from last week.

There’s also my review for Time Out of The Blind, which is still running at the Arcola. This review earned me my first bit of director comeback action for almost a year (since That Face, since you ask), of which more another time. This week’s two star savaging of Senti-Mental at the Union is also online now.

1 comment:

Interval Drinks said...

Yes, must agree about Press - one of the most strking, exhilerating things I've seen in ages.